Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Mwahahaha! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!

Last night, because of a combination of annoying/bitchy coworkers and flu shots, Heidi and I decided we didn't feel like going running. Or cooking dinner. Or not drinking wine. So Heidi stopped for wine, I stopped for Papa Murphy's (oh my god, thin crust veggie pizza . . . so good, you guys, I'm not even lying ONE LITTLE BIT), and we both immediately changed into pajamas when we got home. Then we watched like 18 hours of TV (not really).

At some point, we both realized that it's really nice to just come home and do nothing. Screw this working out business! Only not really, because the race? It is 15 days away. That is not so many. So I said, "hey, why don't we get up early tomorrow and go running before work," half hoping that Heidi would say, "hey, why don't you go fuck yourself, crazy person!" But she didn't! So last night, I set my alarm for 5:23 (I don't know) and this morning when it went off, I actually got up immediately, put on my running clothes, brushed my teeth, and ate a banana. And then we went running. The sun wasn't even up yet. And I didn't die! Which is sort of what I always thought might happen if I tried to go running that early. Like, my body would kill me for dragging it out of bed before it needed to be awake and THEN MAKING IT EXERCISE.

The bad part is, I can't use this excuse anymore: If I go running before work, I will be incredibly, incredibly tired once I get there and then I'll be absolutely WORTHLESS, more so than usual.

Because here's the thing. I'm not any sleepier than I normally am. In fact, I think I may have been more productive than usual this morning. This is bad. I fear that soon I will be one of those people who likes to work out and eats more fruit than candy and doesn't drink and gets up at the asscrack of dawn on the weekends FOR NO RAISIN. If that happens, will one of you stage an intervention? Because, seriously, I don't want to know that girl. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment