Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Alvin, Simon, Theodore!

My dad is obsessed with catching chipmunks. It all started because a chipmunk (several chipmunks?) dug a bunch of holes under the garage. My dad joked that the chipmunk is building a condo complex, because of the number of holes. Ha. Ha.

Anyway, he got this contraption that traps the chipmunks live. You put peanut butter in it, because apparently chipmunks looooove the PB. Who can blame them? It's delicious.

He put the trap out on Saturday, I think, and today he caught one. The poor thing was freaking out all day, running from one end of the trap to the other over and over. He ate all the peanut butter though. Maybe he thought it was his last meal.

When my dad got home from work, we took the chipmunk to this nature reserve to set it free. It wasted no time booking it out of that cage when we opened it. I was almost expecting a hawk or something to come charging out of a tree and attacking it, because that would be our luck, but that didn't happen. At least not while we were watching.

Wasn't there an episode of the Simpsons where something like that happened? Maybe? I can't remember. Most of my Simpsons knowledge centers around Ralph Wiggum, because he's the coolest.

3 comments:

  1. Changed the template I see. Having any difficulties? I sure am.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't know about the Simpsons, but there was a home movie on America's Funniest Home Videos where this kid has his pet gerbil on top of it's cage and a hawk swoops down and grabs it. The kid just freaked. I don't think he won any money, though. Too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having difficulties with Blogger the past few days, but so far today it seems OK. I don't know what was going on. I kept trying to publish a post, and then thinking it wasn't working just kept on publishing. I ended up with like 5 of the same post.

    Let's hope the problems are over. Of course, now that I said that, I've jinxed us all. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete