Monday, July 26, 2004

is it possible to do CPR on a fish?

I think my fish may be on his last leg (so to speak). He's kind of floating around the top of the bowl, and every now and then he'll start to drift and float sideways, then he'll swim around a bit. I've killed enough fish to know that isn't a good sign. The guy at Superpets said if my fish died within two weeks of getting it, I can get a new one for free. The downside is I have to carry my dead fish into the store with me, along with a water sample, so they can tell me why they think he died. I keep imagining this room in the back of the store where they have tiny scalpels and tiny refridgerators so they can perform tiny autopsies. I don't know why my fish is dying. I gave him a clean bowl and I feed him twice a day like his food container says to. Is this because I didn't give him a name?

I had my second CPR class tonight, but unfortunately we didn't get to practice on dummies. The prof is saving that til Wednesday. When I took the class in high school, we named the dummy Alice. But it wasn't a whole dummy. She didn't have legs. Basically she was a head and a torso. Poor Alice. I hope these dummies have whole bodies. It's bad enough that they have serious injuries, can't we at least give them legs?

So far this class is a lot different that the one I had in high school. Mostly because we've taken actual notes. We never really did that in the other class. We just practiced on the dummies and watched old episodes of Rescue 911 with William Shatner. One day she taught us a relaxation technique, which I really think was just an excuse for her not to have to teach and for us to take half-hour naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment