Friday, July 16, 2004

coming soon to VH2

I Love the 90s has been on all week, and while I'm not as addicted to it as I was to I Love the 80s, I still find myself watching the episodes I've already seen. Of course, the reason for this could be because VH1 has been playing nothing BUT I Love the 90s for the past week.

I'm thinking VH1 should just get another channel and call it the "I Love the Decades" channel. They could show the series they already have: I Love the 70s, I Love the 80s, I Love the 80s Strikes Back, and I Love the 90s. That's forty hours of television right there.

But, they could do more. They could have I Love the 70s: Back to Woodstock. Or, I Love the 80s: Return of the Acid Wash. And, I Love the 90s: Hit Me Baby One More Time.

They wouldn't stop there, oh no. They could fuse their "I Love the . . . " shows with all of their other shows. Soon, we'd be able to watch VH1 Goes Inside: I Love the 90s, 80s, 70s (etc).

The Fabulous Life of Hal Sparks
.

Behind the Nostalgia: 1982
.

Best Week Ever: February 3rd, 1974
.

Driven: Michael Ian Black
.

Ok, I'll stop with that. But just picture it . . . a channel completely devoted to the past. And to talking about how to remember the past. And to being funny. All at the same time.

It'd be magical.

I'd watch it.

2 comments:

  1. Copyright that idea, just in case they ever decide to do that someday.

    P.S. I'd watch it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which is worse: the fact that I could totally see this happening or the part of me that would be kinda excited that it did.

    ReplyDelete