Tuesday, July 27, 2004

one fish, two fish, dead fish, new fish

My fish is still alive. I've decided to name him Psych, because he'll stop moving altogether but when I go over to the bowl he'll swim around like crazy and then stare at me like, "Psych! You thought I was dead, but I'm totally not!"

Maybe now that he has a name, he'll stick around for a while.

In the meantime, my sister's fish (also unnamed . . . Fish Doe?) died. Instead of flowers, the family asks that you send a donation to Superpets so that other fish may live and prosper. We're going later to get her a new fish, although we're sure that none can fill the empty space in her heart.

I just got an e-mail from Bill Clinton. Seriously. Ok, really it was because I get newsletters from John Kerry's website and today Bill Clinton wrote it. I watched his speech from the DNC last night on C-Span (it was on at 3 AM for some reason, or maybe they were just showing it again). It was a good speech, I thought. It's nice to watch a president speak who doesn't stumble over his words, or worse, mispronounce them or make up his own.

I'm a little nervous to see what's going to happen as the campaign goes on. It seems like the majority of people already know who they're voting for, and they feel very strongly about it either way. I should know, I'm one of them. I, for one, literally get sick to my stomach at the thought of Bush being re-elected. It's hard to tell why I feel so strongly about this presidential election, when I honestly haven't cared in the past. Maybe it's because it's the first presidential election where I get to vote. Maybe it's because of what happened in the last presidential election, and all the shit that happened as a result. Everything just feels so tense right now.

Anyway, here's an article I got from snarky malarkey. It's pretty interesting, and it sums up how I feel when I hear people say they're voting for Bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment