Thursday, July 01, 2004

don't let me touch anything you'd like to use again

I have the touch of death when it comes to computers today. I was using my aunt's earlier, and it freaked out and wouldn't let me ctrl + alt + delete and when I tried to manually turn it off it just stayed on like it was possessed. I finally had to just unplug the entire system from the wall and that can't be good.

Then I came home and tried to use my computer. When I opened Internet Explorer things went haywire (I love that word), I was once again unable to use the magical ctrl + alt + delete but at least this time I could turn the computer off manually. Which is still bad for the computer, but what the hell else are you supposed to do when nothing else is working?

After my computer exploded (ok, not really) I tried to use my parents. When I signed on to AOL (I hate AOL, I miss DSL) my favorite places were all mixed up. See, I'm really anal retentive (though you wouldn't know it by looking at my room most of the time) and all of my favorite places are in specific folders based on their subject matter. And they're alphabetized. I don't know how they got all mixed up; it must have been my touch of death. Everything else was going fine until I tried to sign off, but AOL refused to let me. I finally just resorted to (again) ctrl/alt/delete. What would we do without that command? I know I would have thrown my computer out the window long ago.

I'm once again using my computer, and everything seems to be going OK so far. I'm waiting for it to explode or something. If I don't post for a few days that's probably what happened.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to look at what I wrote a few days ago. (I really hope that link works and I didn't just make an ass out of myself by typing some bad html code...I was trying to do it from memory and seeing as how I don't really know html, that could be a problem.)

    Anyway, wanna have a computer tossing party?

    ReplyDelete