Sunday, August 08, 2004

always to blame

I'm worried for my sister's mental well-being. I keep hearing grumblings and cursing coming from her room. And, to be honest, it's probably all my fault.

I told her yesterday that she could have the bookcase in my room because I had another one in storage. Today we went to get it. I mentioned in the car that as long as I was moving furniture in my room, I might as well rearrange everything. This gave my sister the idea to move her desk where her dresser is, and her dresser where her desk is.

See, all my fault. Had I not mentioned rearranging my room, she would not be in the state she is now. Her dresser is half in the hall, half in her room and there's barely enough room for her to squeeze out of her room should she need to. Her desk is in the right place, finally, but then she realized her phone cord wasn't long enough. I just looked in there and her bed is covered with books, papers, hangers, and those huge plastic storage containers. I think this is a much bigger project than she suspected. And she just said that she didn't think my bookcase would fit in her room unless she moves her bed, too. I tried not to laugh. If I were her, I think I'd just leave everything as it is and sleep on the sofa from now on.

The funny thing is, I decided not to rearrange my room. I just swapped bookcases. It's probably for the best. I always get bored/hysterical about halfway through the project. Right around the time my desk is half in my closet and my bed is diagonal in the middle of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment