Sunday, August 01, 2004

why isn't Joaquin Phoenix more famous?

This weekend flew by, probably because it was so much fun. On Friday I met up with some friends at Nancy's new apartment (which is awesome). We went to dinner, and then went searching for a bar. We finally settled at the third one we went to, a place called Partners that none of us had ever been to before. It was nice, though. It reminded me of the bar we frequent on campus. When we got back to Nancy's later that night (ok, early the next morning) a couple of us sat on her balcony and ended up having a serious conversation about politics. Go figure.

Kate, Stiffie and I saw The Village yesterday, once we finally woke up and recovered from the night before. I liked it, despite the fact that I was expecting it to be somewhat scary. There are a couple of twists, but none of them were really that surprising. The "big" one is actually pretty predictable. I didn't really mind, though. I think people who go see M. Night Shyamalan's movies are always expecting this huge twist at the end because of The Sixth Sense, so when the twist isn't that spectacular it's easy to feel cheated.

The most surprising thing was the love story between Lucius and Ivy. I wasn't really expecting it, but it was a huge part of the movie. The only thing that really bothered me was some of the dialogue. Shyamalan should really get someone to revise that for him before they start shooting. The actors do what they can with it, but some of it sounds so unbelievable that it's distracting.

I just noticed that it's August 1st. Holy shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment