Monday, December 20, 2004

cheater cheater pumpkin eater

I got up at 8 today. IN THE MORNING. And I didn't fall asleep til at least 2:30 AM, so now we know that I'm at least CAPABLE of getting up early. That's good to know, in case I ever get a job.

The REASON I got up early, and let's face it, there HAD to be a reason because why else would I get up at that ungodly hour, was because I was babysitting two of my cousins today. Katie and Joey, aged 12 and 9, who I think are hilarious, probably because I have the maturity level of a 12-year-old (on a good day). And babysat I DID. We played several games of Cranium, War, Speed, Operation Shrek, and some Bionicle game that, as far as I could tell, involved smashing action figures into each other until one of the heads fell off.

All I have to say is, Katie is a big cheater. She cheated at almost every game we played. I don't think she cheated at Operation Shrek because, well, I'm not really sure how you'd cheat at that game and she didn't cheat in the Bionicle game because she didn't play, but even if she had it wouldn't have mattered because THERE WERE NO RULES. But she kept changing the rules for Cranium, which worked because Joey and I didn't know how to play and I didn't find the instruction sheet until the end of the last game. And she TOTALLY cheated at War. I mean, this was crazy, obvious cheating. I know it sucks to lose a battle, especially when an Ace was one of the hidden cards, but it happens to the best of us. It's no good to wait until I've turned over my fourth card and then OBVIOUSLY shuffle through your cards until you find one that's higher than mine. I mean, COME ON! At least TRY to make it look natural.

And I know I should be the adult (ha!) and laughingly scold her and brush it off, but part of me still wants to scream "THAT'S SO UNFAIR," throw my cards down on the table, and go pout on the sofa.

I just noticed that there's a lot of caps lock in this entry. AND THAT'S TOTALLY OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment