Monday, December 06, 2004

tis the season

I'm addressing Christmas cards right now. Well, not right now as in RIGHT NOW, because obviously RIGHT NOW I'm typing. But the Christmas cards are sitting in front of me, as are my address book and like five pens. This is the first year in a while that I've sent Christmas cards, mostly because all of my friends are spread all over the country. In a few months, two of my friends will be on DIFFERENT CONTINENTS but I'm trying not to think of that right now.

I kind of want to write one of those corny newsletters that some people include with their Christmas cards. Not that there's anything wrong with it. My mom used to do it. Unfortunately, mine would say something along the lines of, "Jennie is almost finished with classes. Soon she will no longer be a college student, she will be UNEMPLOYED. She spends most of her days in pajamas, talking to the dog, and yelling at job search sites that produce things like Firefighter and Welder when she's looking for something that involves sitting at a desk in a nice chair pretending to work but really she's IMing people and ODing on coffee and updating her blog." Frankly, that's just kind of depressing right now. I'll wait until I actually get a job and then I'll just send my friends newsletters by themselves with NO CARD involved at all.

Ten bucks says I'll fill out all the cards, address them, stamp them, put them in a neat little pile on my desk and then forget to send them until December 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment