Saturday, February 09, 2008

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it

I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend, and so of course I have written ZERO articles. My plan was to write as many as possible and it looks like as many as possible might turn out to be, oh, one or two. But Heidi is ditching me for California next week so I'll have many, many hours to fill and I'm sure eventually I'll run out of Internet and be forced to do some actual work. Wah wah waaaaaah.

Last night, Heidi and I took (and failed) the Chipotle challenge and then came home and watched Project Runway and decided we're going to vote Tim Gunn for president. Later, Bridget Jones came on and I told Heidi that I could probably recite the entire movie along with it because I've seen it no fewer than 100 million times. I realized that I wasn't lying as we watched the movie and I told Heidi where all the dubbed over curse words should be. Question. Why can they say "sod off," but they changed, "wiping Saddam Hussein's ass" to "washing Saddam Hussein's cars?" WTF, TV?

Whatever, I mean, that pretty much shot all of last night and then this morning, by the time I drank half a pot of coffee, read some Fitzgerald, and took a shower, it was time to go visit my grandmother and THEN I had to go mooch chili off of my parents and THEN I had to go to Kroger.

You know, when I was little, I remember going to the grocery with my mom, sitting in the cart, and asking her to buy me every piece of crap toy we'd come across. You know the ones I'm talking about? Those shitty plastic toys that just spring up in the cereal or the potato chip aisles? I don't know why I wanted them. Inevitably, it'd break or my sister would throw it out the window on the way home (true story), but I WANTED THEM ANYWAY. I hardly ever got them, though, because my mom realized they'd either, um, break or end up on the side of the road somewhere.

Which is why I'm so happy to now be an adult with my very own money, so that when I run by the grocery to pick up cat food, I can buy my own piece of shit toys:

go fish

8 comments:

  1. You wanna guess what I watched last night? Here is a clue:

    "Here is the man we like call Mr., uh [Titspervert Titspervert] .... Fitzherbert, because...that....is his name."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean you can also recite the movie? Because that would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Bridget Jones last night, too! (Yes, again) AND I used to have that fishing toy. I remember wanting it really bad, although I have no idea why, because it's not THAT much fun. I mean, it is awesome, but not the kind of awesome that leads to long-term amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't do the whole movie - only certain parts. The only movies that I can recite in their entirety are Anchorman and Friday....and also, maybe Dirty Dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did NOT watch Bridget Jones last night, nor can I quote it.... but I DID drink nearly a bottle of wine and fall asleep on the couch while we were supposed to be watching WestWing which we have the whole dammit collection on DVD. So, I get a couple points for that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mg! yeah, I'm already sort of bored with it. Also, the best part about BJD last night was that as soon as it was over, it started again.

    GSR, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I can recite all of Moulin Rouge, including the songs. Oh, wait, did I say ashamed, cause I meant really fucking proud.

    Shari, right now I'm watching Arrested Development and waiting for a bottle of wine to get cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am jealous of your fishing toy. I always begged for the huge fake nails that go on like little finger puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am jealous of your fishing toy. I always begged for the huge fake nails that go on like little finger puppets.

    ReplyDelete