Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On the bed, on the floor, on a towel by the door, in the tub, in the car, up against the mini-bar

This morning, the DJ on my favorite radio station in the history of radio stations was plugging something called PrinceFest, which is taking place next month and consists of local bands covering nothing but Prince songs. As soon as I got to work, I checked it out online and emailed Heidi because WE HAVE TO GO TO THIS. HELLO. How awesome and hilarious is this going to be? The truth is, I can't even tell you BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN YET.

Anyway. What else. Hmm. Last night at volunteering, I got to play Candy Land. And then we played in this mini sandbox. It was amazing. The weird thing about volunteering is, I'm usually in a horrible mood when I get there (as I've just come from work), but by the time I leave I'm in such a good mood you'd think I just won the lottery and married Jake Gyllenhaal or something. You wouldn't think that after talking about death and grieving for an hour and a half would lead to a good mood, but YOU'D BE WRONG.

Also, I forgot to link to all this stuff. Because I'm easily distracted. So, here's the deal. This week on The Collective, we're listing the 5 Best Somethings. On Monday, Heather Anne told us about the 5 Best TV Couples on . . . TV. In it, she compares Jim Halpert to Mr. Darcy and then my brain stopped working. And Abigail, well, she gave everyone 5 excuses to drink. I don't know how to thank her. But if you read it, you'll see that you should be drinking right now. Today, Kat loves on bugs. Some of them I'm OK with, like fireflies, but then she started talking about zombie-making wasps and I might have passed out a little. I'd link to my post, but it doesn't go up until tomorrow. Also, I haven't written it. Also, I don't even know what I'm writing about. Clearly my procrastination is in FULL EFFECT.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't really listen to local radio anymore. Which radio station is advertising a prince fest? When and where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 94.9 and the place they're having it is somewhere in Newport, but I forget the name.

    (Is this who I think it is? How've you been?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably is who you think it is. I'm doing very well. I came back to work in Dayton and I'm engaged. Those 2 non-related events have made life pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and thanks for the information about PrinceFest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem! Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.princefest.com

    March 1st, 2008
    @ The Southgate House
    5 bucks gets you in..
    Karaoke upstairs all night.
    Lisa from 94.9 will be joining us to emcee in the ballroom. Bands start at 9:00pm sharp.

    You can email tracy@rentabridesmaid.com with any questions.

    sorry to intrude on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even explain how jealous I am right now that you got to play Candy Land. I hope it was the old school kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you want to F&*& Matt Damon too?

    ReplyDelete