Thursday, February 21, 2008

turn around, bright eyes

Last night around 9, I was just sitting and thinking that I was sure there was something I was supposed to be doing. That's when Heather (through text messaging medium) was all, "This eclipse is so cool!" and that's when I was all, "OH. MY. GOD. I'M. MISSING. IT."

And I jumped up and put on my galoshes (shut up, they were the closest) and grabbed my peacoat and ran outside even though I was wearing Strawberry Shortcake pajama pants because the moon was playing hide and seek and OH MY GOD I WAS MISSING IT.

And then I looked all around and found the moon and it looked like someone had taken a giant bite out of it and I jumped up and down and pointed and no one else was outside looking and OH MY GOD THEY'RE MISSING IT.

So I ran back inside and called my parents and my sister answered and I said, "I need to talk to mom and dad," and she was all, "about what?" and I said, "THE MOON" and then I heard her yell, "Jennie needs to talk to you," and my mom was all like, "about what?" and my sister was like, "the moon," and my mom finally picked up and I shouted, "DID YOU SEE THE MOON?" and she said, "Dad said it's not in full effect til 10 or 10:30," and I was like, "but you can see it now!" and she was like, "I'll look at 10 when I let the dog out," and I said, "BUT YOU CAN SEE IT NOW!" and she very calmly asked if that's all I'd called for thank you and goodnight and OH MY GOD THEY'RE MISSING IT.

It reminded me of that time Heidi, Steve and I went to a bar or something and on the way home I remembered that there was a meteor shower that night, only it turned out it was the night before or something and everyone was sad that OH MY GOD THEY MISSED IT.

_____

Today on The Collective, it's the Chronic(what?)cles of Narnia.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I remember that time I was promised meteors and there was nothing. NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have missed it too if you hadn't notified me earlier in the day that it was happening (through text messaging medium).

    Also, when I first read this, I was like, "Who's Heather?"

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, I apologized for that like 50 TIMES.

    h! a! also I forgot the exclamation point(s), so I can see how that would be confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and OH MY GOD I really did miss it:( I was so bummed!

    ReplyDelete