Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've got the thingie. Half in English, half in squibbly.

Oh my god, you guys (heh), I'm super tired today. This might have something to do with not having slept well in, oh yeah, my ENTIRE LIFE, but ALSO some people were very bad influences on me last night and I stayed up way too late.

And when I tell you what I stayed up late doing, you are going to think, "oh my god, Jennie is an even bigger dork than I suspected AND I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS POSSIBLE." Because, you see, I stayed up late playing Scrabble.

Oh, shut up. I mean, as if Facebook wasn't addicting enough, now you can play SCRABBLE? What are they doing to me? Last night, I was going to go to bed after Kat! and Mysterygirl! finished kicking my ass in TWO separate games, but then another game started and I was all, "who needs sleep?" Well, it turns out, I do. Actually, you know what? That's a lie. A big one. I'm not any sleepier today than I normally am, so screw trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour. From now on I'm just going to stay up until I'm so exhausted I just fall over and go to sleep wherever I happen to be standing at the moment. And if I land on Phoebe, well, that just means she needs to work on her speed and agility.

Aaaaanyway, I was late to work this morning, but I'm placing the blame squarely on snow's shoulders. Which is FOOLHARDY because what if snow's shoulders melt? WHAT THEN? So yeah, it snowed like two inches and then started sleeting, which really hurts when it hits your bare skin. It's sort of like God is throwing tiny ice pebbles at your face. Which . . . rude. As I was getting ready, I took the time to sit on my bed and watch the school and business closings scroll along the TV, allowing myself to hope that I might see my company's name on the list. I don't know what I was thinking, my company didn't even close the building last February when there was NO HEAT. Luckily, I didn't start until March so I missed February's Frostbite Friday. But whatever, I still maintain that if it's too dangerous for all the children in the area to go to school, it's too dangerous for me to drive to work. TRUE STORY.

So, back to Scrabble. I CAN'T HELP IT I'M ADDICTED. I'm wondering what the proper etiquette is for when the game is finished. Is there a set amount of time you should wait before you challenge that same person to a new game? Because I want to challenge them immediately. Like, the second the game is over. Kat and I thought that might be kind of slutty, but I'm OK with that.

_____

Today on The Collective, Abigail makes me want a burrito real bad.

13 comments:

  1. Zing! But seriously, that game is making my brain hurt real bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll just have to hurry up and finish so we can start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only am I addicted to Scrabble but I'm addicted to cheating at Scrabble. I swear to God, Facebook needs to set up a self-help application for people dealing with these demons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only am I addicted to Scrabble but I'm addicted to cheating at Scrabble. I swear to God, Facebook needs to set up a self-help application for people dealing with these demons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew, double post - sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm addicted too! And it is all MG!'s fault! I now have a fake Facebook account for the sole and express purpose of playing Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fake Facebook account? OK, that is pretty bad. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Have you played Scramble on FB? It's like Boggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always challenge me to a rematch immediately-- I don't think it's slutty at all. It's just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Matt applied for an AD position in Kettering. Could you make sure he gets it? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Frostbite Friday story (ish). Last year there was this big frost out of NOWHERE and all the produce in California got frozenered and it was like a state crisis and so they raised the prices of oranges and stuff.

    WELL, at Jamba Juice they added this "frostbite fee" and charged like fifty cents more on everything.

    NOW, over A YEAR LATER THEY STILL HAVE IT. /rage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie, I'll see what I can do.

    Abigail, BURN IT DOWN. OK, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete