Friday, February 29, 2008

shiny happy people

I'm not supposed to be posting today, according to the rules of this stupid Blog for 365 days crap and WHAT THE HELL was I thinking when I decided to do this? Blogging every day is hard. OK, no it's not. Blogging every day without resorting to guest bloggers and YouTube posting is hard. Also? Like I'm going to do something (or in this case, NOT do something) just because the rules said so.

Anyway, I wasn't going to post today but since it's Leap Day or whatever, I couldn't NOT post. Who knows when the next Leap Day will take place? Oh, right. But really, I just wanted a February 29th in my archives somewhere. And then I went back and looked and I already have one. Wow. You know what's NOT fun? Going four years back in your archives. Those need deleted immediately.

So not only is today Leap Day, but it's Friday and thank God because I think I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. No, I'm not. But it sounds so delightfully dramatic, yes? No? OK. Hey, remember last year? I do. Well, last year I was supposed to go to see Spoon and then instead Spoon went on SNL and I cried. For real. Well, they're coming back. It's as if the universe realizes what a sad, empty life I have and is smiling down upon me. With spoons. See, the universe is holding spoons because of . . . Spoon? Get it? Also, the universe likes to eat cereal so he makes sure he has spoons with him all the time. Because you can't really eat cereal without spoons. You could try with a fork but you wouldn't get any of the milk and what's the point of eating cereal if you can't taste the milk? Then you'd just be eating soggy cardboard. Because, as I understand it, cereal is made out of cardboard, yes? No? OK.

I'm hoping this weekend will make up for the past week of "holy shit my life sucks," and how could it not? I mean, tonight there will be Wii and pizza and booze and tomorrow there will be birthday cake and country living and booze and WOW is it 5 yet? No? OK.

Oh, right, here is all the stuff I forgot to tell you about this week:

On Monday, Heather Anne created her very own version of Hell. On Tuesday, Abigail hated on a very specific portion of the English language. On Wednesday, Kat frustrated the Internets with her NO EXPLANATIONS. And yesterday, I posted a bunch of YouTube links cause I'm lazy like that. Today? You get to tell us the 5 Worst Somethings in the whole universe. Don't say spoons or the universe will get pissed and probably steal your car. And probably set it on fire. Don't say I didn't warn you.

7 comments:

  1. You know what's precious? That that other Leap Day entry is titled, "I hurt myself yesterday."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better tread lightly when you Britt Daniels. I hear that Kat! has exclusive rights to having his babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraulein, ha! That could be true of almost any day, really.

    GSR, I'll do what I can, but if he falls in love with me, what else CAN I do but run away with him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can have brit. my jude law marathon this week has ruined me for all other men, i fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes pizza/beer/wii the trifecta for a bad week. I have been particularly cranky as well the past few weeks so we'll drink to the bitch within us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat! he tends to do that, doesn't he?

    Tam, yes! We can also drink to February almost being over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the February?

    ReplyDelete