Monday, April 07, 2008

Charlie Bucket was the luckiest boy in the entire world. He just didn't know it yet.

I give up. Every Sunday night I try to go to bed at a (somewhat) reasonable hour, and every Sunday night I lie there, staring at the ceiling and wishing I was asleep. Last night, I tried so hard, you guys! That's a lie. I was watching Willy Wonka (the new one) on TV. Even though I prefer the old one, that doesn't mean I'm gonna just TURN OFF THE TV when there are Oompa Loompa shenanigans to watch. That's crazy talk.

Hey! How about a Conversation With My Roommate? Sound good? I don't care!

Me: Why are there starving Africans on the front of the coupons this week?
Heidi: They're not starving, they're drinking Pur water.
Me: I didn't realize starving Africans were so into name brands.
Heidi: Duh. Anyway, those aren't starving Africans. That baby is Angelina Jolie's kid.
Me: WOW. I can't talk to you anymore.

LATER

Heidi: Guess what I watched earlier?
Me: What?
Heidi: The Prince and Me.
Me: . . .
Heidi: 2.
Me: Oh my god.
Heidi: I know.
Me: It was bad enough before you added the 2.
Heidi: Yeah, well.
Me: It's OK, I watched part of The Cutting Edge 3 the other day.
Heidi: Wow.
Me: I know.

I forgot to tell you guys this, and I can't believe I did because it was HILARIOUS. Saturday night, we were standing outside (next to a sex shop, no less), waiting to get into Bogarts and this guy was going down the line asking for change. He's not important, though. I'm not sure why I even told you about him. Forget I said anything. Anyway, there was another guy in a wheelchair and he has a sign that said, "Give me some change or I'll kick you in the face," and at first I was like, "well, that's rude," but it turns out he didn't have any legs.

And now for some sad news. Remember a long time ago when I bought all that crap at Target that had The Office all over it? Here. Let me show you it. Well. They frisked us as we went into Bogarts (I felt violated) and then this lady went through my purse. She found a pen and she was like, "you can take this back to your car or we can throw it away." At first I was all, "throw it away," but then I saw it was my Michael Scott pen and I had to think about it. In the end, I told her to throw it away because the car was far away and I just wanted to go inside and get a beer and see Spoon. I cried a little. On the inside, though, where no one can see your tears. Apparently you can use a pen as a weapon, I guess, which I wasn't aware of. Until this (tall) douchebag in front of me started dancing around bumping into people and then I realized if I had my pen I probably would have stabbed him in the neck. So really that lady who threw my pen away saved me from 7-10 years in prison. Thanks, lady.

10 comments:

  1. Would you only get 7-10 for attempted murder? I guess you could play it off like an accident. "Oh, I really liked him so I was writing my phone number on his neck"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "dancing douchebag" falls under justifiable homicide. For serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I'm not sure . . . I get all my crime knowledge from Law & Order.

    Stephanie, I agree. I wish you could have seen this kid dancing, only it might have made your eyes bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heidi, one time i tried to watch that movie and i ended up playing the whole thing on like 3x dvr fast forward and it was STILL bad.

    okay, i might have watched the last twenty minutes at normal speed on account of there was this whole bit with a loophole in the danish (pretend danish?) law that allowed pretend julia stiles to marry the prince or whatever.

    jennie, if you go to jail, maybe you could appeal to the loophole to get out?

    ALSO, did you guys see prince and me 1? SO BAD. it had a bit with a MEAT SLICER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The man with the rubber gloves was surprisingly gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abigail, wouldn't that only work if I went to jail in Denmark? Also, whatever happened to Julia Stiles?

    Steve, I'm not sure who frisked you, but I don't think he worked there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, there's a sequel to the Prince and Me? No sir!

    Second, tall people at concerts = NAY. I speak from experience and with empathy because I'm 5'. That's right, five feet, zero inches. So I feel pain for you and your obstructed view. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it makes you feel any better, the extra two inches I have on you doesn't help me at all. I think the only people who are OK at concerts ARE the really tall people. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that happened to me once with a sandwich. They better be glad it wasn't a Joey Special. (Good Willy Wonka quote!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is a Joey Special two sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete