Thursday, April 10, 2008

lift me up and take me where I stand

Last night, I stopped at my parents house, as I am wont to do because hey . . . they live really close. When I got there, I made fun of my mom for already being in her pajamas (because it was 5:30!) but then I remembered that almost every day I go home from work and immediately put on either workout clothes or pajamas so I stopped poking fun.

Anyway. Conversations With My Family!

Me: Did you know there's a Chipotle at The Greene now?
Mom: No!
Me: Well, there is. On a completely different note . . . did I lend you my copy of Emma?
Mom: Yes, but I haven't read it yet.
Me: Crap.
Mom: Why, do you need it?
Me: No, I bought another copy last night because I thought I'd lost mine.
Mom: Oh, well, thanks for the copy of Emma!
Me: No problem.

And then!

Sister: Jennie, why do you have that blue shirt on under your other shirt.
Me: It's not a shirt, it's a little tank top thing, see? [lifts top shirt] WHOOOOOOO!
Sister: Geez, Jennie
Me: Heh.
Sister: Your boobs are getting bigger.
Me: WOW.
Sister: I mean smaller.
Me: Thanks. Good talk, Sister.

And then!

[phone rings]

Mom: It's your father.
Me: I'll get it. [answers phone] Good evening, how may I direct your call?
Dad: SIIIIIIGH. I'd like to speak to your mother please.
Me: Just a moment.

Then my mom was all, "do you want your birthday present now or do you want it on your birthday?" And I was all, "um, now?" And so she gave it (laptop bag) to me, but it wasn't wrapped, so I looked at it and then gave it back to her and told her to wrap it and give it back to me on my birthday. Perfect. SPEAKING of perfect, then she gave me three bottles of wine.

On a completely unrelated note (seriously), over the weekend Heidi and I watched August Rush, which . . . OK, I knew I was being completely manipulated and ALMOST lapsed into a coma because of how over-the-top SWEET this movie was, but I didn't care because it made my shriveled little heart grow about 50 sizes. Of course, later we watched Gone Baby Gone and my faith in the human race was dashed to bits, but whatever. In any case, Felicity's name in August Rush is Lyla and every time someone said her name, I was all, "HEEEEEEEEEEEY, LYLA!" It's true. Ask Heidi.

2 comments:

  1. My mom pulled a similar trick with my first copy of Wicked. She's totally lying about planning to read it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Our moms, they are thieves!

    ReplyDelete