Saturday, April 05, 2008

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

The half a pot of coffee I drank earlier has started to wear off, and thank goodness for that, because I was being far too productive for my own good, what with the vacuuming and the writing and whatnot. Alright, I didn't really do that much writing, but that's only because . . . yeah, I have no good reason.

But, you know, I gathered all the trash together, which I find exhausting. I haven't actually taken it out to the dumpster yet because I'm still in my pajamas (yes, I'm aware it's 1:30 in the afternoon) and CALL ME CRAZY, but I'm just not comfortable walking around the apartment complex in Strawberry Shortcake pajama pants. Not sure why.

Anyway, so my laptop and I are getting along really well. I think he/she needs a name, though. Suggestions? The best part about having a laptop now is that NOT ONLY can I spend half the weekend lounging around in bed reading, but I can also read the internet from bed. Heidi thinks I'm more obsessed with the internet than books, but I told her that, if given the choice, I'd give up the internet in a heartbeat. Sorry, guys. At Tamara's suggestion, Heidi is going to get this tattooed on her ass. I'm not sure why, but hopefully I'll have pictures to share soon. Only I hope not, because . . . yikes.

So now I'm sitting here contemplating whether I should crawl under the covers and finish my book or go outside for a run. I'm leaning toward the run, because I was out on the balcony earlier and it's so nice outside. I'm a little worried about the geese, though. You see, I like to run around the pond, but the geese are nesting and the boy geese are getting a little mean. I understand that they're only trying to protect their lady geese, but it's not like I'm poking around their eggs and trying to steal them. I don't even like goose eggs. I'm guessing here, since I've never actually HAD a goose egg. Do you think they're golden goose eggs, like in Willy Wonka? Oh wait. Those were swans. No, it was a goose, right? I need to brush up on my Wonka knowledge.

I think the run would be better for me. I need to get rid of all this nervous energy I have on account of I'M SEEING SPOON TONIGHT. At least, I'm supposed to see Spoon tonight. I'm excited, but mostly nervous since last year I was supposed to see them and they decided to go on SNL instead. Remember that? I almost cried. Don't you feel sorry for me?

I think in the back of my mind, I'm expecting to get down there and someone will come onstage and be like, "sorry, suckers, Spoon decided they'd rather take a nap on their tour bus than come inside and play for you all, so . . . go home." If this happens, obviously the only course of action will be for me to break onto their tour bus and kidnap them until they agree to play. Logic. Anyway, I hope to make the local news, but if I'm really lucky, maybe CNN. Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

  1. I love it when you quote Willy Wonka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gooses! Geeses! I want my geese to lay golden eggs for Easter. At least a hundred a day. And by the waaaaaay... I want a feast. I want a bean feast! Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts so good you could go nuts!"

    Okay I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennie! Do you mind me asking about your laptop? I know you said it was along the affordable lines, and I'm in the market for something "affordable" that will "get the job done" (i.e. write and play)... deets please???

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still in my pajamas and it's almost four o'clock. And I don't have much interest in changing that.

    Have an awesome time seeing Spoon! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually was going to leave the same message as Kat! I'm kind of glad she beat me too it....

    [I want a ball. I want a parrr-tee. Pink macaroons and a million balloons and performing baboons and....Give it to me NOWWWW!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. h!a! I heart Willy Wonka so hard.

    Kat! and GSR, please continue.

    Katie, I emailed you on your Myspace because I babbled for a long, long time. Hee.

    mg! I see nothing wrong with spending the entire weekend in your pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched a little Willy Wonka yesterday - it was the burping scene and the golden egg scene. I wish the first incinorator was on that day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the burping scene.

    ReplyDelete