Monday, November 06, 2006

I love drunk Monica! She's so much more fun than regular Monica!

You guys, you guys, you guys! Guess what! Tomorrow is Election Day! I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm pretty excited. Probably more excited than I should be, given my track record. But I don't care! I'm excited! Not as excited as I would be if we didn't have to use electronic machines that are apparently easy to hack into! Because I liked stabbing the cardboard with the little stabby thingie! But still! Excited!

Another reason I'm excited? Besides the actual voting process? The dirty, dirty ads will stop. Some lady on a recording called our apartment yesterday to tell me that she had gone undercover in Sherrod Brown's office and sold drugs to one of his employees but before she could finish I interrupted with, and I believe my exact words were, "oh, for fuck's sake," and then I hung up. True story.

Also, I believe tomorrow's election is the reason the cleaning guy felt the need to tell me all about how he's a Libertarian and how, if I really think about it, I'm probably a Libertarian, too. That's great and all, I love to have a deep, politicized conversations at 9 o'clock on a Monday morning but I don't really enjoy having to yell them over the noise of a steam cleaner. Also, don't tell me how to vote on the Issues, capital I. Maybe you are mistaking my silence for ignorance, but really I'm just wishing you would shut up and leave me alone. Really. Shh. Mama's tired.

Last night, I confessed something to my roommate and I fear she now knows just how OCD I can be. AND NOW Conversations With My Roommate:

Me: I have a confession to make.
Heidi: Uh-oh.
Me: While you were gone I alphabetized the DVDs.
Heidi: Haha, I thought I noticed that!
Me: Really?
Heidi: Well, yeah, I saw the two Zoolanders at the end of the row and thought, "I didn't know Jennie had Zoolander."
Me: That's how it started! I was just going to put our duplicate copies next to each other and then once I started that I figured why not just put them all in alphabetical order.
Heidi: Nice.
Me: I stopped myself from separating them by genre, though.
Heidi: Oh my god.
Me: That's how I have my CDs organized. And I used to separate my books into Fiction and Non-Fiction and within the Non-Fiction I'd separate them by subject matter.
Heidi: WOW, it's like we live in a bookstore.
Me: Well, I did used to work in a library.
Heidi: That explains it.

Although, to be honest, I don't think working at the library was so much a cause as it was an enabler. I'm sick, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment