Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I’m always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs.

I think my car radio may be on the fritz. I realized this yesterday when I was on my way to work and the local radio station sounded off-and-on staticy.

This could be bad, because you see . . . my mood when I arrive at work depends mostly on if I hear songs I like on the way. If Justin brings the sexy back or John Mayer sings to me (what, it is to me) or I hear Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza, I'm gonna be in a good mood. If I have to hear Gwen Stefani butcher a song from a beloved movie or a get a goddamn Fergie song stuck in my head then I may try to kill someone with my BARE HANDS when I exit my car. Although, it sounds like a lot of effort to kill someone with my bare hands, so more than likely I'd just run them over with my car. See? Easy.

Lately, I've been in a pretty good mood when I get out of the car because they've started playing all Christmas music on 99.9. Which I like now, but give me another couple weeks and this will be the music that puts me in a murderous mood. But YOU try being in a bad mood when you hear the Hippo song! I promise you, it is impossible! My only complaint about this station is that they play the Josh Groban version of "O, Holy Night" and not the Cartman version. What the hell is that? Come on, let's get it together.

So, yes, I'm a little sad at this latest development with my car radio. You see, there is no CD player (I know) and when you try to play a cassette tape it sounds like The Chipmunks instead of Weezer/Barenaked Ladies/what have you. Which can be amusing for a couple of minutes but, trust me, gets old after your cousins make you play The Chipmunks Sing Blink 182 for half an hour.

Today my car radio seemed to be working fine, but when I almost drove off the road while singing and flailing myself around to "Proud Mary," I began to think that maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if it stopped working completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment