Monday, November 13, 2006

In my fantasy, I always thought I would slap someone, make a big speech, and storm out forever. But this is good, too.

There are so many things in this world about which I am completely clueless. Astrophysics, car mechanics, this man's brain mechanics, opera, what I want to do with my life, money management, how to play video games without getting those weird skin indentations on your thumbs from the keys on the controller.

The longer I am out in the world, the more I worry that I have been forming an entirely wrong sort of skillset. That I wasted my time studying sonnets and syntax when I should have been learning how to take apart a computer in sixty seconds. Although, I probably could take apart a computer in less than sixty seconds, but I'd be screwed if you wanted me to put it back together. So, you see, I fear I have little to offer the human race. Unless, of course, someone is looking for a person who would willingly spend all her free time reading, regularly quotes a variety of movies/TV shows for her own amusement, and plays a mean game of flip cup.

In THAT case, I'm totally your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment