Wednesday, October 20, 2004

no name fish

Last night I had a dream that my fish kept jumping out of his bowl. He did it a couple times and I caught him and put him back in the water, but right before I woke up he jumped out again and died.

Why am I having dreams about my fish dying? Is my life so drama-free that my subconscious has to kill off my pets? I don't think that's it. Am I really that worried about my fish's well-being? I doubt it. Do I really think my fish is going to jump out of his bowl when I'm not looking? Well, kind of.

Honestly, I think the main reason is that, deep down, I think my fish hates me. I don't know why. I just get this hostile vibe whenever I walk past his bowl.

I think it all comes down to the fact that, at least in my dreams, my fish would rather jump out of the bowl and kill himself than be with me.

Maybe it's because I still haven't really named him. I tried, but nothing seems to stick.

I'd rather call him Fish than call him something that isn't his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment