Wednesday, October 13, 2004

wtf?

I had the strangest night last night. I woke up around 3 AM, shivering like crazy. I looked to see if my window was open. It was open a tiny crack, so I closed it, but that didn't explain why I was shivering. I didn't even really feel cold at all. My skin had that extra sensitive feeling that it gets whenever I have a fever, so I decided to take my temperature. I don't know if the thermometer was broken, of if the fact that I was shaking so much messed it up, but it said my temp was 96.7. Hmm.

I took some Ibuprofen (I spilled half the bottle on the floor, because I was shivering so much), just in case, because no matter what the thermometer said I felt like I had a fever. My face felt like it was giving off heat, yet I was shivering so much my teeth were chattering. I put on a long-sleeved t-shirt, over the t-shirt I was already wearing. I changed into heavy, flannel pajama pants. I put thick socks on. I put another comforter on my bed, and I crawled under the sheets and curled up in a little ball. I cannot explain to you how miserable I felt at this point. I thought about waking someone up so they could help me figure out what was wrong, but I didn't want to leave the warm covers. I was still shivering, my skin rubbing against my clothes actually hurt, and, according to the thermometer (which is at least 14 years old) nothing was even wrong with me.

Eventually I (mostly) quit shivering and fell asleep. I woke up around 5 because I was burning up and sweating like crazy. I threw off my covers and shed my extra layers, then fell back to sleep. No more shivering.

This morning when I woke up, I couldn't remember if any of that actually happened, or if I had dreamed it. Then I saw the thermometer on my nightstand. So, yeah. I don't know what the deal was, but it SUCKED and let's never do it again, ok? Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment