Thursday, October 07, 2004

no, YOU'RE fired

It was a bad night for reality TV. First of all, the men on Survivor are being really stupid. They keep voting out their strongest, most athletic players. Which, ok, I guess could work eventually, but it's a little early for that. Tonight they voted off Brady, the FBI Agent. I think I should admit right now that I'm not the most objective person on this subject, because I think Brady is one of the most attractive men in Survivor history, but even if he looked like a troll this was not a good move. I mean, he's in the FBI. You know he's gonna be good for something. He's the one who got that stupid, totem thing off the pig-greased pole in the premiere. He was the only one to catch any fish, even if they were tiny, little, baby fish. He climbed a gigantic tree. He's hot. And, most importantly, he wasn't annoying.

I really don't get what the men are doing, but it's not like the women on that island make a lot of sense, either.

Then, on The Apprentice, Trump fired Pamela. I mean, I get that it was kind of her fault that they lost, because she set the price too high. But they only lost by 10 dollars (and yeah, I get it, a loss is a loss) and the women worked together a hell of a lot better on this task than they did in their last few ones. There was hardly any bickering, and no arguing over "havoc-wreakers" or eye-rolling. Pamela took the two most annoying (and, in my opinion, most useless, and that's saying something with that team) members of her team to the boardroom. I hope Maria and Stacy are gone soon, because I don't know how much longer I can keep watching the show if they're still there, with all the complaining and the cattiness and the excessive blinking.

Whatever. I'm over it, thanks to Jamie Cullum, who is my new boyfriend, even if he doesn't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment