Monday, January 07, 2008

I don't care if Monday's blue

Yesterday, I spent the majority of the afternoon trying work up the energy to go for a run. This is standard. When I do eventually make myself go running, I make up arbitrary rules, like "don't look down," and "stop counting your footsteps," and "you have to run until the end of the next song," and it's all fine until I'm at the end of my run and I keep almost running through goose poop that is seemingly EVERYWHERE around the apartment complex and also my mp3 player keeps playing Coldplay and making me want to just lie down in the grass and die already, but then suddenly everything is OK because the next song is Champagne Supernova and the next thing I know, I'm not tired anymore and I'm practically hopscotching through the goose poop.

10 comments:

  1. I finally made it to the gym last night and secretly hoped my ankle would swell up so I wouldn't have to go back again.

    It didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I almost left you a comment yesterday encouraging you not to run, because I want everyone to be as slothy as I am. Clearly I am a bad influence. Today's math lesson? Oasis > goosepoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting back to the gym today. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't forget your keys h!a!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why all this exercise is necessary. Why can't we all weigh 800 pounds and just be happy we're under 1000?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Yay Champagne Supernova. I love those little flashbacks to high school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kat!, I've been hoping for that for the last 3 gym trips I've made. No swelling yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopscotching? In goose poop? Obviously the running has made you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, really! we could all collect disability and appear on TLC primetime programming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:18 PM

    I love making arbitrary rules for myself.In fact, I basically have to. I'm like, "i can' blah blah until I finish my damn laundry *insert more rules*".

    ReplyDelete