Wednesday, January 02, 2008

You know, your voice is kind of nice when your mouth isn't screwing it up.

So you may have noticed that things look a little different around here. Or maybe you didn't notice. It's OK if you didn't. My feelings won't be hurt. MUCH. Anyway, I decided to renovate. Partly because it's a new year! And a new year calls for new . . . other stuff, as well! But mostly I did it because I was bored. Don't get too used to this. I don't want you to get attached and then when I change it again in two days, you get all sad and cry and email me and say, "Jennie, woe is me! I am oh so sad and do not appreciate all the changes for CHANGE IS BAD." Well. I don't like change either but it's time we both learned to live with it, OK? I'm doing this for your own good.

I love the beginning of a new year, because I set all these goals (I'm not calling them resolutions) for myself that I know will remain unfulfilled, but whatever. Like, for instance, I signed up to do this thing where I blog every day for the entire year. Which . . . is crazy and I'll probably forget about by mid-February BUT WHO CARES. Here are the rest of my goals, because there's nothing better than putting them all in writing so in a year's time I can come back and see how much of a failure I am. That's soul-crushing, is what that is.

OK, so I don't really have any goals yet. I mean, nothing new. I need to work on the whole saving money thing. That is A TALE AS OLD AS TIME. I almost wrote "thyme" instead of "time" there. I'm not sure why. How old is thyme? Maybe thyme is even older than time. You don't know. Or maybe you do.

Um, anyway, saving money. Somehow, I've managed to squirrel away more money than usual the past couple of months, even with Christmas all up in my business, yelling at me to SPEND MONEY NOW, BITCH. Coincidentally, I haven't had any weddings the past couple months. You do the math. Along with the whole saving money thing, I've decided to see how long I can go without eating fast food. If you knew how often Heidi and I go to Penn Station (they know our names there), you would see just how great an endeavor this really is. The no fast food is a double whammy because NOT ONLY will I be saving money, but my ass will not continue its current journey to become bigger than Texas.

And, of course, my most important goals are to NOT get married OR pregnant this year. This sounds easy, but Heidi thinks she's Miss Cleo and has predicted that I'm going to get married this year. That gave me nightmares. For real. I had this dream that I got married and had a baby and for some reason took the baby to the bar we used to go to in college and I think at one point I might have given the baby to the bartender so I could play darts. If you knew how bad I am at darts, you'd realize just how responsible that decision was.

17 comments:

  1. The last paragraph makes me think you watched Sweet Home Alabama before you went to bed. Sweet Home Alabama is not a good movie. But it IS a fun song to play on Guitar Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played guitar hero. I'm afraid to because I might get addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I dig the new look even if it is likely to change. As for saving money, I wouldn't know what that is either especially when I have to funnel cash into my vet's pocket for a 6 lb. dog's festering eye. Bitter much? Yes. So on that disgusting note, all the luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what heather! anne! said. also, my goals are to not get married or pregnant this year, which will be hard what with the entire world all up in my grill about getting married and pregnant already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, I think "dog's festering eye," may be one of the grossest things I've ever read. Hee.

    Kat! I can say, without a doubt, that I will never be up in your grill about getting married OR pregnant already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I, too, have banned myself from fast food. It will probably last all of three days for me. Also, I signed up for blog365. So far, I've made it two day, and I'm pretty much giving myself an award for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Oh, wait, I wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:36 PM

    What I'm wondering is, is, if you had to fail on one or the other of the get married / get pregnant anti-goals, which one would it be?

    P.S. Nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i just now realized that the saying is UP IN MY GRILL.

    for some reason, i always thought it was UP IN MY GIRL.

    still, i think it makes more sense my way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. station or mcmurrays? hopefully it's not lacy's. never heard of that one, HUH?

    anyway, i'd leave a baby with a station bartender, but probably not mc's. it might get eaten by hermit crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'mouse, please don't make me choose. I mean, I guess I'd choose marriage, because that's easier to get out of.

    /\, what kind of reaction do you get when you say it your way?

    Katie, it was McMurray's. WHAT is Lacy's? You're blowing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I had to choose between not getting pregnant and not getting married, I'd rather fail at the not getting pregnant. Babies are cute, but marriage is just disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the usual reaction is that they generally just keep moving their feet into my side of the stall. i should probably take a harder stance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:26 PM

    It looks very pretty. And I missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lacy's sporstop:) a fine springfield establishment. cash or tab only! met a few nice parolees there.

    ReplyDelete