Monday, January 21, 2008

I choose vodka. And Chaka Khan

Last night was pretty much the greatest night of my entire life. OK, I'm exaggerating. Clearly. But it was pretty great. I mean, I got in bed at 9 so I could watch Northanger Abbey AND THEN, when it was over, I stayed up late reading Pride & Prejudice. Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Jennie, your life sucks," but NO IT DOESN'T SHUT UP. I'm pretty simple. I don't need much to make me happy. Pajamas and a good book, I imagine would do it, and maybe a drink.

Apparently today is the most depressing day of the whole year, which I find awesome. Not because I particularly enjoy being depressed, but because I'm not really depressed at all today, so if this is the most depressed I am all year then FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. Sure, it's like 5 degrees outside and I'm making myself work on How To articles all day, but the sun is out and I'm not at work and I'm still in my pajamas. So there.

I made a To Do list a little while ago, but I'm not really expecting to get any of it done. The only thing I want to do today is eventually shower and get dressed and go . . . somewhere, it doesn't matter where, really, but I need to leave the apartment so I can wear my new shoes.

I told you I was simple.

_____

Today on The Collective, Heather explains why Batman is better than you.

13 comments:

  1. STOP RUBBING IT IN THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK TODAY! In honor of that, I arrived to work 15 whole minutes late. What. a. rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that article. Why would a day off of work be depressing? Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi! I'm sorry! I told you I'd call your boss, pretend to be your doctor, and tell her you need to come in immediately for tests, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

    Peepee, seriously. Tomorrow will be much more depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm uber-sick, but I'm not that depressed. That guy's formula sucks.

    Also, YAY! for new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked that Northanger Abbey. It was so campy for an Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick at all, but to hear that you're uber-sick? Now I'm depressed. Thanks a lot. Heh.

    H!A! And to think that she wrote it when she was, what, 23? I feel like such a slacker. Oh, and Henry Tilney? Love. Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Bridget Jones' Diary in my pjs under a blanket yesterday and it was one of the greatest things I've ever done. True story! So I can relate. Even though your version of Jane Austen (um, the original) is way classier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mg! While it's true that P&P is classier than BJD, I think I have much more in common with Bridget Jones than Elizabeth Bennet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:00 PM

    A night full of Austen? And in BED? Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennie, do you often find yourself telling people that you already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway, with or without a fireman's pole?

    Maybe that's just me. Definitely more like BJ and not EB. (Did anyone else giggle at that?) But I wish to be more like EB.

    Meanwhile, I just raided a bookstore that's closing on Friday. Definitely NOT depressed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking to myself the other day how I need to read P&P because I am robbing myself of that experiance. Although your night sounded wonderful - do you think it would be more wonderful if you were banging like crazy, ate bbq kettle chips and graeters in bed and then banged some more? Just checking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you kidding? I'd never eat potato chips in bed.

    ReplyDelete