Saturday, June 26, 2004

A.I.? Are you freaking kidding me?

I ran across the NY Times list of the Top 100 Movies of all time. I was going to list all the ones I'd seen and my opinion of them, but I quickly realized that would take a really long time and I just don't want to commit myself to that kind of project right now. So just go read the list yourself.

I skimmed it, and didn't really find too much to argue with. Even though they included movies I didn't particularly care for (The Way We Were, for instance), I can admit that they are good movies.

I did have some arguments, though. Jerry Maguire? Really? Are you sure, New York Times? Also, they included the Hamlet starring Ethan Hawke, but not the one with Kenneth Branaugh, who everyone knows is like the King of Shakespeare.

And Total Recall? Come on. I know Ah-nold is governor now, but that doesn't mean you have to suck up to him.

They also included Shrek, which is a good movie, but I think it's overrated. I wouldn't say it's one of the best movies of all time.

I was really surprised Lord of the Rings wasn't on the list, yet Star Wars was.

But it's OK because Titanic didn't make the list, either. Haha, take that you bloated piece of shit movie.

I was excited to see that Rushmore, Say Anything, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape all made the cut. Awesome.

Reading: The Footprints of God
Watching: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which didn't make the list but is still freaking cool.
Wondering: If I should shower or take a little nappy-nap in front of the TV. Hmm, decisions decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment