Thursday, June 24, 2004

this is why you should be nice to spiders

Ok, so I think I'm addicted to the Yahoo! Odd news website. I can't help it, it's all so funny!

Witness, for instance, this. There's nothing wrong with trying to kill a spider, but I'm thinking that trying to light it on fire is the wrong way to go about it.

Once, freshmen year, the fire alarm in my dorm went off. This was a normal occurrence, due to the fact that five out of the eleven floors housed guys, and sometimes these guys would have water gun fights and when the fire detectors get wet, they go off until they are dry. I think we had at least one fire alarm a week that year.

But THIS TIME it was for real. There was a real fire on the 3rd floor. No one was hurt, but we found out later the cause was some kid, alone in his room, drunk or high (both?), who saw a bunch of those bugs that look like ladybugs (but aren't) that invade Wittenberg's campus every year on his ceiling, and he thought it'd be a good idea to take a lighter and try and catch them on fire. Well, as a result of being drunk or high or just freaking stupid he ended up lighting the ceiling on fire. And instead of telling anyone about it, he casually walked out of his room and shut the door. Because that's how you put out those tough ceiling fire.

Brilliant.

I don't know what happened to the kid. I'm assuming that setting a dorm on fire doesn't put you on the university's good side.

No comments:

Post a Comment