Wednesday, June 02, 2004

lloyd, rob, and torvald

So, I'm watching High Fidelity, a movie in which John Cusack plays Rob, the antithesis of Lloyd Dobler. Click here to see my feelings on Lloyd Dobler.

Anyway, I remember seeing this movie in the theater. I think I was in high school at the time. And, while I didn't hate the movie at the time, I sure as hell didn't like it very much, mostly because I couldn't stand Rob, the main character. Lots of people say how much they like this movie, but whenever it's on TV I refuse to watch it. Ok, so I'm watching it right now, but I'm not really paying attention to it, because I figure when I do finally decide to watch it again I don't want to watch it with commercials and with all the bad words taken out. I saw a part earlier where Jack Black says "What the frog?" instead of "What the fuck?" WTF is that? They couldn't come up with a better substitute for the f-word than frog? Come on now.

I don't know what my point is, but if Lloyd Dobler grows up to be Rob, well . . . I quit.

This has nothing to do with anything, really, but I was just looking on the Internet Movie Database (best website ever) and John Cusack is going to play Torvald in A Doll's House. I don't know how I feel about that. Kate Winslet is playing Nora, which makes more sense to me than John Cusack playing Torvald.

I just noticed that I went totally link-happy for this post. Awesome.

Reading: The new Cosmo
Watching: High Fidelity, see above.
Wondering: What the hell these people were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment