Monday, June 07, 2004

here kitty, kitty!

I took my dog for a walk earlier, and my sister went with me. From the moment we hit the sidewalk in front of our house until we returned all I heard was "Jennie, stop walking so fast . . . slow down, whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch." And every time I'd tell her to just go home already she'd say she was having fun.

By the time we got home, I wanted to smack her. But I restrained myself.

She got really mad because I took the dog through this wooded area by our house. She acted like we were doing some heavy-duty hiking, but there are clear cut paths everywhere. And it's not like I strayed from the paths, either. It just drove me nuts, because I mainly like hiking because it's quieter than walking through the park or around the block, but not today. Today all I heard was "I hate hiking. This place sucks. Why can't we just go home? Why are you walking so fast?"

Never again, friends. Never again.

We did see a raccoon with her babies. Well, my sister and I saw them. Ripley was clueless and she wandered around sniffing at whatever it was she smelled. It reminded me of the time Beau was visiting Witt, and we were walking around Weaver Chapel and we saw a raccoon. But I thought it was a cat at first. It wasn't though. It was a raccoon.

Yeah. That story is probably pretty pointless (ooh, alliteration) to anyone who wasn't there.

Oh well. You all had to read it anyway.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya - you've got a great blog here. I've enjoyed it very much. Pointless meanderings are always the best. I do, however, have to point out that in your Profile, you list one of your favorite books as "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" - I don't know if you're being funny or just careless...but you should fix that - it distresses me to no end. :)

    ReplyDelete