Tuesday, June 29, 2004

severely freaked out

I'm kind of freaking out right now. I'm housesitting for my aunt and uncle, and taking care of their dog, so I've been sleeping at their house so I can feed Roxy early in the morning. Normally she's a really calm dog and she hardly ever whines or barks, unless she needs to go out.

She was just out, so I know she doesn't need to go again, but she keeps running from the front of the house to the back of the house growling and making these little whining noises. She's been doing it for about 10 minutes and it's starting to get to me. Right now she's standing by the front door, sniffing the area around the crack in the bottom. Why is she doing that??

We're in a pretty nice neighborhood, so I wouldn't expect anything bad to happen, it's just that I'm here alone and it's not my house and I've seen way too many horror movies in my lifetime. I don't normally get freaked out like this; I'm usually pretty level-headed, but if the dog doesn't stop acting like there's a crazy axe murderer (or worse) outside I'm not going to bed tonight, that's for damn sure. The thing is, if someone did break into the house, I'm pretty sure Roxy, rather than protect me, would hide under the desk like she does during thunderstorms.

I hate feeling like this. It's the same feeling I used to get when I'd walk somewhere on campus at night and it's the same feeling I got when that weirdo at Snyder park tried to get me into his car.

It's times like this when I wish I knew kung fu or something. I don't think Tae-bo counts.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your freaked out state! Hopefully it's just a smelly critter rather than a fiend.

    I've got to tell you that I love your blog - I read it nearly every day and (I hope it's ok) I've linked to your blog on mine.

    Also - loving all the changes you've made recently to the blog - keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trillian! I linked to your blog, too, I really like it.

    I'm guessing it was some sort of smelly critter outside last night. That, or the dog was hallucinating.

    ReplyDelete