Sunday, June 20, 2004

i promise to stop writing about my bodily functions soon

Ok, so yesterday when I thought I was getting better? Not so much. Not only do I still have the cough, but I now cannot breathe. It's fun.

I really don't think I got any sleep last night. I remember lying in bed and trying to find a comfortable position. Then, I'd find a comfortable position but I'd realize I couldn't breathe through my nose when I was lying like that, so I'd have to move. Because I hate trying to fall asleep and breathing through my mouth.

I honestly think it was the cough syrup that caused my sleeplessness. My biggest clue? The warning label says that it might cause sleeplessness, and if it does, to discontinue use. Which I'd do, you know, if this wasn't the only medicine that seems to work.

I was OK earlier; I wasn't even that tired, but it's starting to catch up with me. Everything has taken on a kind of slow-motion-dreamy-floaty feeling, which is probably not a good sign. Especially since I was driving a car a little while ago. I kind of hope I start hallucinating. Sure, it might be scary for a while, but if I start hallucinating that I'm lying on a beach in the sun it can't be all bad, right?

Reading: Nothing, because I can only read about four words before I go ADD.
Watching: The number "7" blinking on the answering machine. It's strangely hypnotic.
Drinking: Cough syrup, straight out of the bottle. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment