Monday, June 28, 2004

wanna ride bikes?

I think I have ADD. I'm serious. I've thought so for a long time, but I think it's getting worse. It's getting to the point where I get so distracted in the shower that I can't even remember if I've conditioned my hair yet. Although, I don't know if that's ADD or just plain old stupidity.

My friend Janna's favorite joke is about ADD. Here is a transcript of her telling it to someone.

Janna: How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Hypothetical person: I don't know, how ma--
Janna: Wanna ride bikes?

It is a pretty funny joke.

I had Chinese food for dinner. I was disappointed, though, because they forgot to give me chopsticks and everyone knows the whole point of eating chinese food is because you get to eat with chopsticks. The food just doesn't taste as good when you're not eating it from utensils that could give you a splinter.

I've been messing around with the links and stuff on the side of this page. I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring it out, even though it really wasn't all that complicated. Baby steps. Maybe some day I can make a really fancy template of my own, but until then I'll just be using the one Blogger supplies. Thanks, Blogger.

Jeopardy update: Ken Jennings is still winning, the tiny, elfish bastard.

I was driving around earlier and I've come to the conclusion that most people in Kettering don't bother using turn signals. That, or turn signals just magically stop working when you enter the city.

As I was driving, I noticed that a lot of people were out walking. Probably because it was so nice out, not that I could tell from the air-conditioned comfort of my car. Do you ever make up stories about people you see on the street?

I do. Most of the time the only people I see are kids, people walking their dogs, or nerdy looking suburbany couples out for a walk. Every now and then, I get to see something worth sharing. Once I saw this older lady (probably in her 60s) walking down the street wearing a Hooters t-shirt and really tight leggings. She just made me wonder if maybe she used to work at Hooters, and she just really missed it, or maybe her daughter works there and gets free Hooter's t-shirts. Either way, I hope when I'm her age I'm cool enough to wear something like a Hooters shirt.

I still can't believe Hooter's has their own airline.

2 comments:

  1. I met a girl this weekend who used to work at Hooters. Ironically, she didn't really have any. I wondered if her former customers got a discount, but I didn't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon driving through Indiana last summer, I had the unbelievable luck to actually pass the Hooters van. I'm not sure if the van is simply to transport "flight attendants" between destinations or if it's some sort of community outreach program, like visiting old folks homes or elementary schools.

    ReplyDelete