Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I'll take Nerd Alert for 200, Alex

I just got done watching Jeopardy. There's this guy named Ken Jennings who has been on for like 15 days (16, counting today) and after he won today he'd won something like 512,000 dollars.

And you know? That's pretty awesome. It's not something that normally happens, so it should be exciting, right?

So . . . explain to me why I'm rooting for him to lose.

I liked him at first. I believe my exact thoughts were, "Holy shit, this guy knows everything." But now he just seems smarmy and know-it-ally. I can't stand him. As I was watching tonight, I found myself yelling bad things at the TV whenever he'd answer a question correctly.

It kind of reminds me of that movie Quiz Show, where John Turturro plays this super-know-it-all on this game show, but he's not extremely likeable because he's all nerdy and awkward. So the network brings in Ralph Fiennes, who is all attractive and suave and also a smarty. Anyway, the fix the game so Fiennes wins because more people like him and they get better ratings with Suave-y McSuaveerson than with Nerdy McNerdalot. I think the network got caught cheating, though, but I'm not sure because I didn't finish watching the movie. I can't remember why I didn't finish it. The part I watched was really good.

Anyway, I'm hoping the people at Jeopardy do this soon, because I don't like Ken Jennings anymore (although, I think I'm the only one). So, Jeopardy minions, if you're reading this, please replace Ken Jennings. I don't care how you do it. Break his buzzer or something.

I'd be willing to let him stay if SNL would do a parody and bring Will Ferrell in to play Alex Trebek.

Reading: The text messages that my sister keeps sending even though it should be obvious that I'm ignoring them.
Watching: Good Will Hunting.
Thinking: That there's nothing better than the silky smooth feeling of your newly-shaved legs, until you run across those few tiny hairs around your knee that you always miss and you wonder if you should go all the way upstairs to get the razor and take care of these hairs once and for all, or if you should just stop rubbing your own legs (because you look like a pervert, I don't care if no one can see you) and try and forget the offending hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment