Saturday, June 19, 2004

"I am most seriously displeased." - Lady Catherine, Pride and Prejudice

I have several feelings about this, and none of them are good.

First of all, does there really need to be another remake of Pride and Prejudice? I mean, there's a 1940 version starring Sir Laurence freaking Olivier, there's the 1995 A&E miniseries starring Colin "my middle name is Darcy" Firth, so I don't think we need anything else. Ever. At least not for like 40 years, ok? There should be a 50 year period between each remake of a Jane Austen book. Can we pass a law or something?

Second of all . . . Kiera Knightley? As Elizabeth Bennett?! Are you freaking kidding me? No! That is BAD! I mean, I like her as much as the next person, but at no point in Pride and Prejudice does Elizabeth play soccer or run around with pirates.

The website hasn't posted who was cast as Mr. Darcy. It doesn't matter, though. I already hate whoever it is. You know why? Because Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy and that's the end of it. C'mon. He played Mr. Darcy in the miniseries (all 6 hours of it; that's a lot of Mr. Darcy) and he also played Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary. And in the sequel to Bridget Jones's Diary. He's all kinds of Darcy, ok?

Jerks.

I just noticed that there are about 109 links on this post. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment